Friday, April 1, 2011

Oh, baby girl!

So much to get ready for you, little one! It's amazing to me that I spent an entire year getting ready to marry your daddy and I get half that amount of time to get ready for you!

Our wedding was one day... one day! One day that took me (and my biggie Claire) a year to prepare for and plan!  And now I am supposed to get my life ready for the biggest blessing and the biggest change ever in a matter of months!! Where am I supposed to start?  At least with a wedding, it was common sense... pick a date, get a venue, etc.  You hit the ground running and go!  The finish line being the walk down the aisle.

But With you, I didn't even know you were a girl until a couple weeks ago!  How could I have started planning any earlier than 2 weeks ago?!  But since then, I have definitely been trying to get my "to do list" brain in action.

Name? check!
Furniture? check! Thanks to your Nee Nee!!
Paint nursery? Thanks to your Nana, it's getting done this weekend!

So I have something to call you, and somewhere for you to sleep... I'd say we are well on our way!

Of course, with the wedding, I was totally capable of functioning with little to no sleep.  With you, you suck the energy out of me and this momma has to sleep!!

Oh well... Bizarre Bazaar is tomorrow and I plan on getting you some fun stuff there!! I am not sure if hair bows and frilly crafts were on the official baby prep list, but they are now!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...