Thursday, April 14, 2011

Oh, Baby, the Places You'll Go

It's been a while since I posted about a book so I thought I'd share what I have been reading to Lainey lately.  Yes... I am that mom that reads to her belly.  It's actually fun and is a nice way for me to relax before bed.  Some evenings Phil will read with us too, which is a nice little surprise.  Most of our books are downstairs in the den right now, but I have a couple upstairs that I rotate through.

For the last couple of nights, we have been reading a book by one of my favorite children authors, Dr. Seuss!! Oh, Baby, the Places You'll Go is a book that was adapted from Dr. Seuss' classic, The Places You'll Go, to be specifically read while the baby is in utero.  My friend, Claire, suggested the book to me.  She said she used to read to her belly too

It took me a few times to get some of the words right... you know how Dr. Seuss can be with the tongue twisting names and sentences.  But I think that I have finally mastered it. It's a fun little book to read, I just wish it came in a size other than "tiny."

I really am becoming obsessed with how many wonderful children books there are available!  You can never have too many books!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...