Monday, February 4, 2013

Welcome to February, folks!

February...
the month of my favorite lady's birthday (aka mi madre!)
the month of my own birthday
the month of love
the month where everyone gets the itch that spring is coming soon
the month Lainey starts school

So, tomorrow... tomorrow is the big day. The day Lainey starts school! Oh my goodness!!! Are we ready?! One can only hope so! 


First day of school outfit? Check!
Brand new backpack?  Ordered, but it was on back order... oops!
Closed-toe shoes? Check!
First day photo prop? Finishing it tonight!
Extra snack? Check!
Diapers? Check!
Wipes? Check!
Change of clothes? Check!
Labels on everything? To do tonight
Paperwork turned in? Check!

Ok.... I think we are ready.  We have read books about school, watched Caillou go to school (and every other cartoon character we know, for that matter) and we talked up school as much as we can.

But Lord only knows how tomorrow will actually go down.  

I already know she is going to have a melt down and that I am going to have to walk away from the cute little hands in the air saying, "I got you." 

I have already blocked half the day from my calendar at work as I know I will sit in the parking lot of the school for a solid 30 minutes with tears running down my face questioning all of this!  And I maaaaaaay have already added the school's number to my Favorites so I can call and check on her without googling the school every time.

I am so excited for this new adventure for Lainey.  I know the first little bit is going to be hard for all of us, but she will adjust and it will become fun and educational for her. 

Bring.it.on!

xoxo,
Linda

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...