Wednesday, February 20, 2013

When did my toddler become a big kid?

Yesterday, I walked into Lainey's classroom and her teacher's face lit up with excitement.  No, not because I was there to take an awful child home for the day.... 

She got excited for my child.  She said, "Ms. Venema -- Lainey had a GREAT day! The BEST day yet!!" She went on to tell me how great Lainey was adapting to school and how involved she was becoming with her new friends.  

Just as she started to say, "And she's even acting great when other parents come in and out of the room!..." a dad leaving with is daughter opened the door back up and said "You're Lainey's mom? I gotta tell you she has grown up SO MUCH in the last 2 weeks! It's amazing to see how much she is enjoying the school and how she has gone from staying close to the teacher to just sitting with kids on her own!!"

I can not tell you how excited this makes me!  It makes me excited to know that Lainey has teachers that care about her and are helping her learn and grow.  But it also makes me excited that Lainey is really getting into the swing of things and enjoying school.


But when did my toddler become such a big girl?!




xoxo,
Linda

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...