Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The prayer of a toddler

Dearest Lainey, 
After testing every nerve in my body at dinner last night and almost laughing at the fact that I said you were going to get a spanking if you did not listen, you single-handedly reminded me of all of the goodness that comes with being your mom.

To listen to you as you say your bedtime prayers has got to be one of the most wonderful moments ever. While I ask you nightly if you want to say bedtime prayers, I never force you.  But last night when I asked you, you said "okaaaaayy." 

So I started it off for you...

Mom: "Dear God..."

The rest was all you.

"Dear God, 
Thank you for my Nana.  
Thank you for my Grandpap.  
Thank you for my Steboo.  
Thank you for my Hammy... And Auntie M.  
Thank you for Gilby.  
Thank you for my Jeffrey.  
Thank you for my NeeNee.  
Thank you for my KK and my Noley.  
Thank you for Mommy... for Daddy.  
Thank you for CaCa.  
Thank you for Pap airplane.
Thank you for Torwie and Becky and Dee Dee."

Then I asked, "Is that all you want to thank God for?  He's always listening."

To which you replied, "Thank you for my toy."

I then said, "Well let's ask God to keep Nana healthy and make her strong."

You repeated.

I also said, "And one more thing -- we should ask God to keep Jeffrey safe when he is on his adventure in the ocean."

You asked, "On hims boat?"  

"Yes, on his ship in the middle of the ocean."

And without hesitation you closed with, "Aaaaammmen."

My little girl, your prayers warmed my heart like no other and almost brought tears to my eyes.  It is amazing to me how kind and sweet you can be underneath that terrible two's exterior.


You truly are a blessing.

Love always,
Momma

1 comment:

Heather said...

Greetings! I'm Heather! I was hoping you could answer a quick question about your blog :-) My email is Lifesbanquet1(at)gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...