Thursday, September 5, 2013

Recruitment Hangover

For most, Labor Day weekend is a long weekend full of cookouts, swimming in the pool, and celebrating the end of yet another wonderful Summer.

For me, Labor Day weekend is full of Greek letters, chants, and laughter with a dash of stress and drama. 

Only a sorority girl would know what all of those things add up to be... formal recruitment, of course! 

After 8 years of recruitment, you would think I would be tired of it.  But really, I enjoy it! I enjoy being active in my chapter and watching it continue to grow. 

I've been the recruitment adviser for Alpha Gamma Delta at VCU for almost 5 years now... and it has taken almost that long to learn all of the rules! HA! 

Greek life at VCU is growing so much every year, it's an exciting and exhausting time. I am looking forward to seeing the amazing things coming to campus.  This year, proved to be one of the best yet and I couldn't be more proud of my sisters and the wonderful new members they have coming into our sisterhood.

Since it's Thursday, figured I would do a little throwback to last few recruitments where Lainey has gotten to come with me to Bid Day! 




So great! Don't wait!! Go Alpha Gam!!

I can tell the recruitment hangover is wearing off, because Lainey has stopped asking me to sing AGD chants, my sisters are posting more things on facebook again, and I am starting to not feel like a zombie!!

xoxo,
Linda

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...