Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Things I used to splurge on...

The other day, I caught myself saying, "Well... I'd really like to find some new, awesome, yoga pants or leggings. Since I wear my leggings so much, I need some good, quality ones." 

Do what?! Who is this person who once said that yoga pants or running shorts do not an outfit make!?

Before I became a mom, my spending/splurge list looked kind of like this:

- Designer handbags
- Fancy shoes
- Pedicures every 2 weeks
- Fancy manicures to go with those fancy toes
- Lots of sunglasses
- Heels for each outfit
- Concert tickets
- Nights at the bar

But when you become a mom...
that list tends to change.

No, the spending and splurging doesn't necessarily stop, although it does slow down.  What really changes, though, is what you splurge on.

If I am going to splurge on myself, it's usually on something like this:

- A haircut...yes, you read that right... a hair appointment is a mom-splurge these days!
- A pedicure... oh, but I assure you they are not bi-weekly anymore!
- Ballet flats
- Salon shampoo/conditioner
- Anti aging skin care
- Yoga pants or leggings

Or if we want to look at household splurges, they tend to look like this:

-  Preschool tuition... ok, so it's not a splurge per se but it's a huge chunk of change!
- Tickets to see characters from Disney or Nick Jr *live*
- Dance class tuition
- That toy you couldn't leave behind in Target
 - Redoing spaces in your home to be more toddler-friendly


But you want to know what the cool part is?  
I would have it no other way.

So, what are some things that ya'll splurge on?

xoxo,
Linda

1 comment:

kristen beane said...

So true. I "splurged" on some clothes for myself at a thrift store the other day lol. Hadn't gotten myself anything new in months. My current upcoming splurge is Noah's fancy computer math curriculum for the year. It's way more than I usually spend, but it looks fantastic, and education is not the place to cut corners!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...