Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Looking for planes

For the last two mornings, Lainey has woken up to be greeted by the smiling face of her grandfather, Pap. I can not even begin to tell you how many times my heart has melted watching the two of them as she has opened up to Pap while he's been in town.

But...
This morning was a little different.

My dad left to head back to Menno, South Dakota on a ridiculously early flight out of Richmond. He was watching the sunrise through the clouds, I am sure.

When Lainey woke up, she looked at me and said, "Momma! My Pap downstairs!!" Fighting tears, I told her, "Wellllllll let's chat about that.  He's actually not downstairs.  He is on a plane! How cool is that?!"  She looked at me a little puzzled.... then it clicked. A light bulb went off in that little head of hers and she said...

"Ok! I'm gonna go look for him!!"

She got dressed quicker than ever and didn't even fight me to leave the house.

Then as I carried to the car, she looked up the entire time looking for planes.  Looking for her Pap.

She didn't see a plane this morning, but I have a feeling we will be looking for planes for a very, very long time.

If you follow me on instagram, you have already seen our time with Pap, but I know not everyone is on there, so here's a recap of some of our weekend with him.









Until the next visit.... 

October can't come soon enough!!

xoxo,
Linda

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...