Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Sour Patch Kid

I have been warned about the terrible twos and the tantrums that accompany. And believe me, we have hard our fair share of some gnarly temper tantrums lately.  It has taken me some time, but I am finally at a place where I {kinda} know how to handle Lainey's tantrums.  It's usually more of a let it roll attitude, but I have learned it doesn't help the situation if I try to stop the tantrum.  Trying to stop a tantrum usually turns into more of a headache.  I fuss at her to stop, she screams more, I fuss louder, she scream louder.  So, I just let her go... and after a few minutes, a couple of wall kicks, a thrash or two, she calms down.

What no one tells you, though, is that when your child turns two, they are no longer a toddler.

They are a sour patch kid.

Minutes before a tantrum strikes, I have a sweet and loving child.  Then the sour strikes and she is evil. And then, just as quick as evil strikes, she is back to being a loving child.

So, I kid you not... I think my child may be part sour patch kid.




xoxo,
Linda

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...