Thursday, March 22, 2012

Crawling in a dress

I have been saying for weeks now, "Ok! No more 0-3 month stuff!!" But realistically, how can I not buy some stuff in these tiny sizes?? I have a tiny 9-month old!!  (gasp! 9months old already?!?!?)  I have put the brakes on buying anything smaller than 3-6 months at this point.  That should totally get us through the summer. (fingers crossed)

Spring and warm weather, along with clouds of yellow pollen, are filling the air in Richmond these days.  Unfortunately, when I was pregnant and "planning ahead" I bought 12-18 month warm weather clothes to store in a big container until this summer.  Thinking my daughter would be a normal, chunky monkey!

Well.... a lot of good that did me, huh!?

Lainey is just now getting into 3-6 month sized stuff and her tiny feet are just barely into a size 1 shoe!  I feel like I have been buying infant clothes for for-e-ver!!! (say it like they do in Sandlot, it will make you chuckle - I promise)

But buying small sizes isn't the hard part.  Nope - not hard at all. There are tons, and I mean tons, of cute infant clothes out there!! You really wanna know what one of the hardest things that I keep running into when trying to find clothes for Lainey?! It's having to take into consideration what she is doing these days! 

Dresses in the summer?  Good idea! 
Dresses on an infant who is rolling around and trying to crawl?  
Not so much!  

One piece swimsuits? Good idea! Nice and covered.
One piece swimsuits with a diaper? Not so much!  
{Good thing I think babies in bikinis are cute as can be!!}

Looks like munchkin will be rockin' her fair share of retro rompers, ruffled bloomers and cute bubbles for the Summer.  Oh, and not to mention, some adorable bikinis by the pool!


I scored this on a second-hand resell site for a great deal!! Can't wait for Lainey to wear it!

1 comment:

Caiti Garter said...

Crawling in a dress is not so practical BUT it is really funny to watch Hayley do! I hoping it makes her walk soon since its so difficult! :) Thats not mean...haha. But that little, red romper - freaking adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...