Thursday, May 26, 2011

Who are you going to be?

Hey baby girl,
Lately you have taken a liking to the top of my stomach.  You tend to push on my lungs and diaphragm; making it hard to breathe and a little bit painful.  But even when you are making things incredibly uncomfortable, you still keep everything fun.  Yesterday, you would kick and after every kicking fit, I would push back on you... a few seconds later, you would kick again.  Maybe you are playing a game, but I am guessing I just annoyed you.

While it's fun to tell you what you're doing in there, that's not why I am writing you today...

Earlier this week Daddy and I went to Dylan's t-ball game and Dylan seems to really enjoy it! But it got me to thinking...what are you going to like? Who are you going to look like?? Who are you going to be???

Your nana keeps talking about how you're going to be a tomboy athlete...that would be my luck!  I told Daddy about this and he looked at my belly and said "I don't think so... you're a girly girl.  The girliest girl, in fact!" At the dance recital, you kicked and twirled and flipped around when the music played, so I am guessing you like music.  Maybe you will be a musician? Or a dancer??

Realistically, I just want you to be happy.  I want you to always know I love you.  Even when I drive you crazy (because I will) you better know how important you are to me and how I will always be proud of you.  So dance your heart out, sing until you lose your voice, run until you're out of breath, play your dad's guitar until your fingers bleed, and paint until your canvas is full.  Whatever you do - just do it and enjoy it!

Your dear old mom has pretty high expectations for people, just ask your dad.  Unfortunately, I won't change that for you.  So do your best at everything you do and that's all I will ever ask.

There's only about 2 months until I meet you, little one. Part me is sitting here terrified and overwhelmed and the other part of me is ecstatic and overjoyed! Get here safely.

Love,
Momma

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...