Tuesday, March 15, 2011

19 weeks!!!

Sorry for not posting Monday's survey on Monday, but it was a big day so I wanted to hold out.  Are you ready for it?? There has been great debate among our family about this.... the results are in.... and


It's a girl!!!! 
Say, "Hello!" to Miss Lainey Grey

  1. How far along? 19 weeks
  2. Weight gain? This is getting harder to judge, because I weigh myself in the mornings and my appointments are always in the afternoons.  So I am going to go by what my scale says in the bathroom.  So that being said... we are holding steady at 5 pounds.
  3. Sleep? I am definitely sleeping, but making sure I sleep on my side is becoming quite a chore.  I think it's time to get a body pillow or something.
  4. Best moments this week? Our ultrasound yesterday!!! (Although, there may be a moment this morning that could compete for moment of the week.)  Yesterday, we had our ultrasound to tell us if Philip was right or wrong.  Unfortunately for him, he was wrong!! He asked the ultrasound technician three times to make sure it was a girl and she told him, "Sorry. See that?  That's what we call a hamburger... those are girl parts."  There's a picture from yesterday that looks like the baby is actually flicking us off, so I told Philip, "She's mad at you for thinking she was a boy!" Baby girl was quite the wiggle worm in there too.  She made it hard to get good measurements, but she enjoyed showing off for the camera!

    The other good moment so far this week was this morning when I was leaving for work, I gave Phil his usual goodbye kiss and he touched my belly and said "Have a good day, Lainey." My heart practically melted.  I think he is way more excited than he is letting people see.
  5. Food cravings? Well I had my first Sweet Frog experience over the weekend, and while I don't crave it yet... I have a feeling this will become a preggo staple, especially as it gets warmer out.
  6. Food Aversions? Just my usual picky self
  7.   Looking forward to? The new bedding I just ordered to get here so I can get cracking on baby girl's room!
  8. Milestones? We're almost half way!  And know we are having a girl!!
  9. Pregnancy thoughts this week: When my friend Blair was pregnant she posted on her blog about how when a pregnant woman says she needs to eat, she means it.  Wow! That could not be more right!! Going out to dinner with our family over the weekend, I knew I needed to eat, and I needed to eat soon.  But apparently no one else was hungry so everyone voted yes to the walk about before dinner and the 30 minute wait to be seated.  Learned my lesson - packing snacks in my purse all the time now!

    My other thought this morning is about the ultrasound pictures we got.  There isn't one that says "It's a girl" on it, hence why I used her alien face.  No more penguin.... just a little acorn alien for now.

1 comment:

TheCimburkeFam said...

pretty name :) I am so happy for you both and I have to admit I got a little teary eyed reading that Venema said her name as he spoke to the belly. He has a sensitive side, few know it...but its there. I think he is going to make an EXCELLENT girl dad. I have always pictured him with a girl, he probably doesnt want to know that lol but I think he is meant for daughters ;) He can teach her, cars....DUH Lainey and Emily can have their own garage "2 girls garage" lol theyd get more business than anyone!!
congrats! Let me know when your shower is, lots of "Sweetface goodies" coming your way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...