Friday, January 28, 2011

Letter #2 - Someone's watching over us

Dear acorn,
I wish today's letter could be a happy one telling you how cheesy and goofy your mom is, but it isn't.  This is your first real letter... about people I wish you could have known.

Last night your great grandma (Pap's momma) passed away.  She was a remarkable lady with a whole lot of spirit.  So much so that I even tried to call her a "fiery pistol" in her obituary.  I do hope that you are the miracle God is sending us in her place.  I pray you have half of the feisty traits she had.  She kept me when I was your age, and I can not wait to tell you stories about her and what I call antics.  One neat thing about her that I promise to never forget is that she couldn't smell... that's right, those nasty diapers you are planning on dishing out, she would have never smelled you! The cool thing now is that I know there was a huuuuge bouquet of flowers waiting for her at Heaven's gate and for the first ever, she could smell how sweet they are.

I also can't help but think about the most important man in my life that I wish could meet you.  No... the greatest man ever is not your dad, at least not in this story... although, I hope your daddy means the world to you.  The greatest man I have ever known is your NeeNee's daddy, my Papa.  He was the most incredible, and probably smartest man, ever.  His hugs made me feel safe and I always knew he loved me.  Before I meet you, he is the light of my life.  I hope I can see him in you too.

As I sit here working on a tribute video for her, my eyes well with tears and my heart aches a little... until I remember, I have to be strong.  Sooner or later you are going to depend on me to be the strong one and I hope I can measure up.

I know this is a tough letter to write, and it will probably be tough for me when you read it someday, but I am thankful that these two people have you in their sights from up above.

Love,
Momma

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...