Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Slowing Down aka Life with a Toddler

I know what ya'll are thinking...
"Slow down with a toddler?! Yeah right!"

Well, that's sort of true.

Life with a mobile toddler is definitely always moving! Whether we are playing, coloring, bouncing on the couch, or doing the "Hotdog Dance," we are always moving!
But...
Have you ever tried to getting out the door and into the car with a toddler?! Or the reverse -- getting from the car and back into the house?

Well, let me tell you -- it's a slow process! So many things to look at, places to explore.

Or how about getting ready for bed?! "No Lainey, your arms don't through the same hole as your head."  Or how about "No, silly girl - your pants are not a scarf!"

Oh! And let's not forget the STAIRS! One.stair.at.a.time! And of course, I can not carry her - because that would be too fast. 

I have always been on time...ok, most of the time I am on time... but it is always a race to get somewhere.  My entire life, my mom has always yelled at me for running down the stairs because "it sounds like a bunch of horses" coming down the stairs.
I have always been on-the-go.

As someone who has lived life as habitually running behind and timing my mornings literally to the minute as I race out the front door, this is a huge adjustment.


So, yes.  Life with a toddler is fast and
there is a lot of chasing going on.
But...
It is still slow.  Goodness gracious is it slow!


xoxo,
Linda

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...