Tuesday, December 11, 2012

An ornament tradition

Last year, for Lainey's first Christmas, her Auntie M sent her an ornament for our tree. It was an embroidered bird that said "First Christmas." I absolutely loved it because it wasn't baby booties and it wasn't pale pink.  It was almost rustic/folk art-ish -- with hand embroidering.

This year, Auntie M sent another ornament.  A ceramic ornament with birds on it that says, "Lainey 2012" on it.  The note attached said, "It seems I have started a tradition, Lainey Bird."

Well if Auntie M is starting an "aunt's tradition" you better believe I will be returning the sentiment to my new, and oh so handsome, nephew, Landon.

Since baby cuz lives half across the country, literally, I took to the internet to find something that I could have sent to him.

Then I found it.  
The perfect ornament for him!


For Landon's first Christmas he will be hopping a plane to California to meet his other grandparents! 

And so...a tradition has been born.

What are some traditions that ya'll have?


xoxo,
Linda

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...