Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Grandma Poole on baby shoes

Other than "babies should always wear white because they are angels," there isn't a ton of baby advice that I remember from my Grandma.  That's really due to the fact that I didn't have babies when my grandma was alive, so I never thought to ask her.

But there are a few more things that I do remember...

1. Always put an undershirt on a baby - their backs should never show!  I am generally pretty good about this; unless it's crazy hot outside and that extra layer will only make Lainey more uncomfortable or if it's a piece of clothing that we simply can't wear an undershirt with - like a sundress or romper.

2. Never skimp on a child's shoes.  This is something my mother still preaches today, and so, I never skimp on Lainey's shoes. (Queue the great debate on walking in shoes vs. walking barefoot)

Lainey does her fair share of walking both barefoot and in shoes.  But I just can't bring myself to let her go out without shoes on; maybe it's vanity...ok, I am sure it's vanity... but some times you just look jicky without your shoes on! In the summer time, sure - go barefoot! No body likes hot, stuffy feet.  However the cooler it gets outside, the jickier I think Lainey would look without shoes on.  Call me crazy, but that's how I roll.

So, I figured we would spend a little time looking at some kicks for kiddo!  Even if you aren't starting school in the last week or so, you still need shoes, right?

I have purchased my fair share of shoes for Lainey - from sandals to boots, we've got them all in our closet!

But let's be real... my little one has an opinion on what she wears, so why would I ever think she wouldn't have an opinion about shoes?! (Lord, help me!!) 

Here's what we have in our closet for the fall... 



See Kai Run - Henning


See Kai Run - Kalea

See Kai Run - Leilani

Sparkly Toms

The Children's Place - Chalet Boots

See Kai Run

Oooh LaLa! Such fancy feet!!

Fall is my favorite time of the year... jeans, boots, dresses, rights and scarves....mmmm! Definitely looking forward to sharing some of fall fashions from {the nuthouse} soon!

xoxo,
Linda

1 comment:

Babyschuhe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...