Thursday, July 5, 2012

We took a little vacay...

We have been back from Corolla, NC for a few days... it was a lovely vacation, and I will share it with you later - probably next week.  But we got back and extended our vacation into a mini-staycation. So, I apologize for not posting last week.  But I am sure ya'll understand...

As promised, here are some highlights of Lainey's 1st birthday party. The pictures of her lack-luster cake smash are on my mom's computer, but that's ok. Just know - she was very dainty with her fancy cake...guess she want to take in all the beauty of it instead of smashing it all over her face! What a strange, strange girl.








Here's the skinny on how we put 
this shin-dig together!

Balloons - Shop Sweet LuLu - we had lots of polka dot balloons and a giant 36" balloon for the birthday girl!

Ruffle Cake - Homemade with love from Aunt Biggie

Cake Bunting - Inspired by Etsy - homemade by Momma Squirrel

Mason Jar Cakes - Instead of cupcakes we did little mason jar cupcakes - homemade with fresh strawberry icing.  (That Aunt Biggie is pretty awesome!)

Pinwheels - Bought a kit from Target and Nana put them all together

Milk Glass - I used milk glass as an accent throughout the party. The best pieces were the cake stand (an antique store find) and the tall vase that housed the pinwheels.  I inherited the vase, along with the rest of her collection, when my grandmother passed away.

Ginger Snaps - Oh, how Southern girls love their ginger snaps! I lucked upon these at Ukrops.  They were seriously the best ginger snaps I have ever had!

Stripey Straws - Shop Sweet LuLu

Birthday Candle - looked like a vintage swirl lollipop - Shop Sweet LuLu

The party was a huge success! Guess I should start pinning ideas for next year, huh?

xoxo,
Linda

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...