Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Meet Dolby

Hello, Dolby.
 
She is Lainey's new buddy.  They hang together.
They play together.
They are girlfrans!
She is Lainey's "baby."
 
Dolby is a one of a kind, Waldorf doll made with lots of love from Jostin's Daughters, a doll maker in Williamsburg, VA. Dolby was our big gift for Lainey's first birthday.  
 
I spent hours thinking about her and deciding how she should look.  I even started almost completely over at one point in the process.  I scratched what I had thought would be "it" and opted to work with a yarn spinner to make that incredible yarn that adorns Dolby's little head.

It was an interesting process -- you get to pick skin color, eye color, hairs, and even their outfit.  Working with Margaret was fabulous and she even stitched a bible verse on the doll.

When Dolby arrived at our house, her name was Spring - because of the colors in her hair.  But I knew I wanted to name her something different.  Lainey and I chose Dolby after my grandmother.  My grandma had a huuuuuuge doll collection and I can't help but to think of her when I see a pretty doll.

Lainey drags her doll around the play room and likes to play with her hair and give her lots of kisses.  Yes, Dolby is a gorgeous doll, and would look spectacular on the shelf in Lainey's room.  But where's the fun in that?! 
 
The excitement on Lainey's face when we opened up Dolby's box was absolutely priceless.  Hands waving - grinning from ear to ear - Lainey loved her from the start.  Even still, when I see how excited Lainey gets when she picks up Dolby, it makes it totally worth it.

xoxo,
Linda

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...