Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy {first} Mother's Day


Dearest Lainey,
Today is our first mother's day together.  So I figured I would share a little motherly love with you.

More times than I can count, I have been told that I look just like my mom - that I act just like my mom - that I am pretty much a mini-version of my mom.  This happens even more since I started working at the same place as her.

To that I say,
Thank You.

My mom is an incredible woman.  She is, no lie, the smartest person I know.  She is successful and happy in life.  She is both technical and creative.  She is as strong as a rock and has seen our family through all of its moments - good and bad.

So if someone sees her in me, that is, indeed, a compliment. 
One of the best compliments I could ever receive.

I am so glad you are growing up with NeeNee in your life.  Pay attention, she can (and will) teach you a thing or two about life.  And I will try my hardest to pass her lessons down to you too.  Some are practical lessons, some are whimsical lessons, and some are even "dirty" lessons.  Don't worry - we'll save the dirty ones until you're older. Ha!

Nevertheless, follow our lead and you'll be juuuuuuust fine.  But remember! You must still think for yourself.  NeeNee has always, always, always supported my decisions.  Even when she thought they were the wrong decisions, she stood by me.

I will always be here for you. (pinky promise)

My hope for you is this...
I hope that as we go on this adventure together, that someday you will be proud to have me as your momma. I hope that some day if someone tells you that you are like me... you proudly smile and say "thank you."  I hope that you happily accept the day that you wake up and say to yourself, "Wow - I am growing up to be like my mother." (Yes, it really does happen.)

I love you, baby girl.  And I am so blessed to have you as my daughter. Every day, when we say our bedtime prayers together and I lay you down to sleep, I always sneak one last peak at you and whisper one more prayer - I thank God for giving me you.
 

Love always,
Momma

Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies out there!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...