Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Taking a minute to look back

Last August, I wrote a post about what I was looking forward to; I went through {the nuthouse} archives and read that post again this afternoon.

Some of the things I am looking forward to, I am still looking forward to and others are milestones that we have crossed and are moving on to the next ones!

Things Lainey has accomplished or is working reeeaalllly hard on:
  • We have mastered giggling.
  • We have said our first word - it's "Momma" !!! That's right - for a daddy's girl, she sure does love her Momma! Every morning when I go into her room, I love walking over to the crib seeing her smile up at me. And now mornings are even sweeter because as I peak over the crib, she smiles and says, "Momma!"
  • We are eating solids and trying new stuff all the time.  So far so good - knock on wood - Lainey hasn't been a picky eater!
  • My daughter has turned into a drooling monster.  I hope that tooth pops through sometime soon!
  • One of the things I said I was looking forward to was photo shoots, and we have had a lot fun on different shoots with some great local photographers! Definitely looking forward to more in the future!
  • We are bouncing! In fact, I think our bouncer may  secretly  be a baby catapult! She has so much fun in that thing! We are still using our Momaroo, but are quickly outgrowing our regular bouncy seat.  It may be time to retire that one!
  • Trying to sit up on her own.  She wants so badly to sit up, but isn't quite there yet.  This also makes for interesting bath times - since she no longer wants to lounge in the infant tub, but isn't sitting up yet to use the other side of the tub or her new bath seat.
Some stuff we are looking forward to:
  • Jeffrey coming home! Fingers crossed "Uncle" Jeffrey will be home late Spring/early Summer.  I absolutely can NOT wait to see Lainey's face when she sees him. 
  • Family vacay!
  • Rolling over... I am beginning to think, though, that maybe Lainey does this in her sleep and I just don't know it.  I might just have to use that "record" feature on our monitor...
  • Play dates! 
  • Lainey sitting up on her own - Philip and I decided not to move Lainey into her convertible car seat until she could sit up on her own so that she can sit in buggies at stores, in high chairs at restaurants, and sit comfortably in a stroller.  But I gotta' say... this baby carrier is getting pretty heavy!  This mom has got some arm muscles now!
I'm definitely enjoying life as a mom and I wouldn't have it any other way!

xoxo,
Linda

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...