Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Planning a birthday party... already?!

Holy hell! Is it already time to start thinking about Lainey's *first* birthday already?! Ahhhh! Where is time going?! I can't believe it! There were a lot of us pregnant around the same time and it seems like just yesterday were all complaining about how fat we had gotten, how we couldn't see our feet any more, and how heartburn would possibly be the death of each one of us!  Now instead of facebook statuses that once read, "I am so over this pregnancy thing." They read, "Time for a play date!" or "Happy Half Birthday to my little one!" Absolute craziness, I tell you!

But yes.... the time has come. It is time to start planning the big event.  I think I am more excited to plan this party than I was to plan my own wedding.  Maybe I need to submit a video to one of those outlandish shows about kid parties? No? Okay, then I won't. But I will admit, I want this party to be exciting and fun and wonderful! So maybe I will go a little overboard, but you only turn *one* once! Yes... yes... I know, you only turn any age once, but come one. This is the big ONE!!

My initial thought was something sparkly like a Tiffany & Co. party, but then the all mighty pinterest threw me a curve ball.

So the party theme has been decided - it's a mix between pink lemonade and a good ol' Southern state fair!  No royal blue ribbons here though - we are using a more girly pallet of pinks and yellows. (Hence the pink lemonade vibe.) I am also throwing in some light/bright blue - just for good measure! And mason jars all around!!!

I have been pinning like crazy and 
can't wait to start ordering some things! 


Source: etsy.com via Linda on Pinterest

Source: etsy.com via Linda on Pinterest


xoxo,
Linda

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...