Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Getting ready for Christmas

Middle of November?? Already?! Where is the year going? Baby girl will be 5 months in just 2 short days!!

This time last year, I was anxiously awaiting the "5 days earlier" grace period where the pregnancy test is supposed to work! And actually, I already knew.  I was just waiting for the test to confirm it for my own sanity's sake. 

This year though, it's a totally new anxious feeling filling the air in the nuthouse! It's baby's first Christmas! It's hard to believe that with temperatures in the mid 70's, it's time to start prepping for Santa! Santa?! Oh my gosh - that's right! From here on out, we get to have Santa in our house! Well at least for the next 10 years, dammit! I get to take bites out of cookies and leave just a little bit of milk in the bottom of glass resting on the mantle! And stockings are going to be taken to a whole new level this year! Thank goodness I was the weirdo who bought extra stockings a few years ago, "just in case" because I loved them so much!

So many memories are in the making and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! 
And since Lainey won't know what's going on, at least me and her daddy will remember this first Christmas forever.

On a side note...
We are getting oh so close to that 10-pound party!! I've been telling Lainey every day if she hits 10 pounds, then we are having a party!  We have finally moved on to 3 month sized clothes! haha

This picture is from over this past weekend at a birthday party for Lainey's friend, Logan.  He turned the big 7 this year!!!


xoxo,
Santa...oh, I mean... Linda

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...