Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I have feet and I like to smile and dance

Lainey has accomplished some pretty "big girl" milestones in the last couple of weeks. 

She is ever-so-close to double digit weight!  This momma is going to have a party for that 10-pounder when we get there!
 
She is "talking." And by talking, I mean she is making noises back at me.  At least she isn't looking at my like I am a crazy person when I talk to her anymore.
 
She is smiling - all the time! No, I am not talking about the gassy smile or the dreamy naptime smile. I am talking about a full on, "I'm happy and excited" smile! She smiles back at us when we play and she smiles when she sees colors on Nick Jr.

She is lifting her head all on her own, and holy cow is she strong! We still get an occasional/unexpected headbutt every once in a while, but they are becoming less frequent.

It's official... 
Lainey has discovered her feet!! It's too funny to sit and watch her as she tries to grasp at them. It's even funnier to watch how excited she gets when music comes on! She will kick those little feet just as fast as she can! (look at how blurry they are in that picture!!)

I have also caught her:
  • Staring at herself in the mirror
  • Grabbing her Lamaze Hippo toy to hear it crunch
  • Posing for the camera

Love from the proud momma,
Linda

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...