Tuesday, October 25, 2011

4 months old

Lainey is 4 months old now... I'm sorry, in baby time, that's 16 weeks.  Well, she is actually 17 weeks, but who's counting? Oh wait... I am! 

It's always funny to me how moms always say "Oh, he is 9 weeks old" or "She is 24 weeks old."  Who can keep track with that many weeks?  It's like military time - there's a whole equation that goes with it! So, I just guess. Call me a bad mom, call me dumb, call me silly... I don't mind.  It's totally ok with me to guesstimate Lainey's age.  Now, if she is 1 and a half and I am calling her a 2-year old.... that may be stretching my estimate a little far, but for now, it works.  And let's be real, at this point, everything is still overwhelming and fun, she is lucky I even remember what day she was born! Just kidding, of course I remember the day she was born, I just may not always get the date right.  You see, she was born the day after my old brother, so sometimes, I say her birthday is his birthday.  But in guesstimating, that's pretty close! Only a day off!!

Here are Lainey's official four month stats:
Weight: 8 pounds 11 ounces 
(although, I swear I have weighed her at home at 9 pounds!!)
Length: 22 inches
Head Circumference: 38 centimeters

In actuality, Lainey is still below the charts - she's in the < 3% percentile.  Buuuuuuuuuut if you use her adjusted age (her actual age - minus her due date) she is about 10 weeks old and is settling in nicely on "the chart."  Her weight is in the 10th percentile while her other measurements are in the 25th.

Lainey is starting to try and sit up on her own, and she desperately wants to be able to move more.  I just keep reminding her that, "Weebles wabble but they don't fall down!"  It's also kind of funny to watch her get frustrated during tummy time when she realizes she is stuck. Then I cave and feel bad for my child and at that point, it's break time any way!  She is STILL in newborn clothes.  Goodness gracious will I be excited when we get out of these clothes! I am ready for something new, but am definitely not going to be anymore clothes with "NB" on them as we have so many already!!! I did, however, finally find some shoes to fit those tiny feet! Or maybe those tiny feet are finally starting to grow.... either way, we have shoes that fit! WooHoo!!

Lately, the best moments have been watching Lainey discover new things, which seems to be happening on a daily basis. 


xoxo,
Linda

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...