Tuesday, October 18, 2011

from one daddy's girl to another

Lainey,
It's hard to believe you are already 4 months old, and it's even harder to believe how much you have grown since your crazy entry into this world. Since you got here, you have spent over a month in the NICU, moved into the nuthouse, rocked our world, gone to the beach, spent countless hours surrounded by people who love you, and have even made friends with your four-legged brothers. You have also experience an earthquake and gone nearly 2 weeks without electricity!  Not to mention, in your free time, you have discovered Nick Jr., your feet, your gorgeous reflection, and that bath time is fun time.

The joy you are bringing to our lives is insurmountable. 

But I must say... from one daddy's girl to another... goodness gracious do you have your daddy completely wrapped around your little fingers!  You know, your fingers - those things you keep shoving in your mouth and gnawing on... yes, those things. Those things are called fingers.  The look on your face when your daddy sings to you is enough to take this mommy's breath away.  Your daddy loves you with all of his heart and I know he is the best daddy God could have ever blessed upon you.  At Adam and Lindsey's wedding, when he thought no one could see him because everyone else was watching the father/daughter dance.  I must admit, I was watching a different father/daughter dance.  As "My Girl" played on the dance floor and Lindsey danced with her daddy, I looked to my right and caught you dancing with your daddy.  I caught him singing to you and watched as he bounced you around in the landing on the staircase - I nearly cried.  No, not because I was sad, but because my heart was so full of happiness.  It was the cutest thing I have ever seen.

As much as I tell Daddy that you are Momma's girl... I know, deep down, you are a Daddy's girl.  And from one daddy's girl to another, enjoy every minute of it, because there is nothing like being a daddy's girl.



Love,
Momma

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...