Thursday, May 9, 2013

A Week of Appreciation

This week, as many may know, is appreciation week for some of the most important people in our lives...

It is Teacher Appreciation Week.
It is Nurse Appreciation Week.
And it all ends with Mother's {Appreciation} Day on Sunday.

To Lainey's teachers,
You have no idea how much you all mean to our family. We entered the doors of Primrose with heavy hearts filled with doubt and worry.  Transitioning to preschool at that time was not in our "plan" but in true Preemie Princess fashion, we did it early.  Your kind hearts and caring souls have made this one of the best blessings in disguise that we could have ever asked for. 

Every day Lainey comes home telling me about her friends and singing songs to me about how "I'm so happy to see my friends" and she is growing up to be quite a smarty pants and a wonderful little girl. You, my friends, are a huge part of this.

I just want you to know how much this mom appreciates you and all you do for my little girl.

***

To the nurses who got us this far,
Our NICU angels you will always be. Those bedtime phone calls just so we could say goodnight to that tiny baby have now turned into facebook messages and texts to some of the most amazing women that I know.

In the past {almost} 2 years, we have become friends and are lucky enough to watch our children grow.  Chunky Peanut Butter and Jelly forever! 

Thank you for taking care of my sweet baby when she needed it the most.

***
To the nurses who are now taking care of Nana,
After spending much of Tuesday with my mother in law, I know from experience how important you ladies are in this journey. It warms my heart to know how much you care about your patient - I can see it when you get excited that something goes well for us and you race back to say "you passed!!"

Your smiles and laughs will always be welcomed and appreciated.

***
To my momma,
It is with great pleasure and pride that I welcome being just like you.  You are smart and beautiful and full of life. I have said it a hundred times and I can say it a hundred more -- the greatest compliment is when someone tells me I am my mother's daughter.

You have no idea how much you mean to me and how much I appreciate you. You really are my best friend.  You have supported everything I have done in my life and have always helped me achieve my dreams.

You are the perfect NeeNee to Lainey and she is lucky to have you in her life.

I love you, Momma! {you better be saying "ditto" in your heard right now as you read this}

***
And a quick note to all of my other Moms,
There are several women that I call "mom."  They all have different last names and are the mom to someone else. But, nevertheless, they are very important to me too.

***
Make sure you take a minute to share your appreciation for the teachers, nurses, and moms in your lives!

Happy Mother's Day to me!



xoxo,
Linda


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...