Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Skinny Jeans

First, I hope all of ya'll had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your families! I hope you filled your bellies with yummy food, your ears with laughter and your hearts with joy!

While I didn't do any major shopping over Black Friday, Lainey found some stuff and said "ooooh! pretty!" as I clicked through the Nordstrom website.  Luckily, we were only shopping the sale section.

Little Miss picked out...






The denim snobs in our life are probably saying, "Really?" And the fashionistas are probably saying, "Wow - her jeans are nicer than mine."  To that say... Yes, really.  And I am right there with you! Her jeans are seemingly nicer than my AE jeans. 

BUT

Joes Jeans are literally the only jeans I have found to fit her. 

The problem with having a string bean for a child is this...

Her legs are long and her waist in tiny. (Lainey, start praying now that you keep that figure and don't end up with your momma's body!!)  So the solution? Seems simple enough - find jeans with adjustable waistbands.

Ridiculously easier said than done!

I found one pair at Target from Genuine Kids and, of course, they aren't available anymore. Not even online!  Those were our saving grace of denim.  Lainey has worn the heck out of them; so much so, the knees are starting to get faded. So I had a new mission: find denim for Lainey.

Joes are, honestly, the only jeans I have found in an infant size with that glorious invention of a waistband! So - I took the plunge. Splurged a little, but still found them on sale, and got one pair from Nordstrom.  They were perfect.  I tightened that elastic as much I could and they look adorable on her little legs!  A girl can not live in one pair of jeans, hence the Black Friday purchases. 

A little bit more expensive than getting jeans at Carter's or the Children's Place. Yes.  But if the jeans don't fit, then is it really worth it to buy them?


Perfect fit!
These jeans are the first pair of Joes we got; they're the lighter version of the jeggings.

But what can I say?  The girl's got style!

You may have noticed a pattern here - skinny jeans. Lainey usually only wears skinny jeans.  Why, you ask? I have tried all sorts of styles of jeans on her - from skinny/jeggings to regular bootcut and everything in between, including straight, trouser, and flares!  The skinny styles just look better on her! To me, bootcut and flared bottoms make her look so out of proportion it's crazy! She's petite and those other styles tend to make her look stumpy.  Overly critical mother here? Perhaps...but she seems comfy to me! And oh, so cute!!

So, tell me, what are some of your favorite things to dress your little one in?


xoxo,
Linda

2 comments:

Kristen Shortt said...

Ok, so Linda, I just recently found your blog and I love it! I have always wanted to start something like this with my family but have never found the time. You are my motivation, though! :)
Anyway, with my little Alaina (or Lainy!) She lives in skinny jeans, as well. Being so petite all the other styles just look huge on her. I will have to check out the ones that you are talking about and see how they work for her. Thanks for the info!

theVenemas said...

Thanks for stopping by!! SO flattering of you to call me a motivation for your own blog! Hope your petite princess loves the Joes Jeans as much as mine does!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...