Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Becky or Beckett...

Regardless of what she calls this dog, she loves him. She loves the real-life version and she loves this version just as much.

It has happened. We have our first major attachment to something that isn't my hip.


The story of adopting another Beckett

As soon as Lainey and I walked into Target last week, she kept saying "Book... book. Book..." So I told her that if she sat still in the buggy, we could certainly get a new book. I mean... let's be real. If you are going to get your child a prize, at least get a book instead of another toy. At least that is my take on it...

So we made our way through the store. Wound up in the books section and picked out a book. It's a pretty awesome Pantone color book designed for children.  She picked it all on her own... she is her mother's child.

Onward to the cash registers, right?

Of course, in order to get the cash registers, we had to pass the toy section. {Well played, Target... well played.}

Lainey looks up and yells "BECKETTTT!" It was all down hill from there. She had spotted him. A stuffed little guy that looked just like her little buddy from home - my pug, Beckett.

Well she began to carry on and reach for this little stuffed dog. And so, accepting the cuteness that is my child and her excitement for this Beckett, I caved. I handed him to her and she squealed in delight and hugged him and wouldn't let him go.  She even rode home holding him.

Now, Beckett goes where Lainey goes. Car rides, Nana's house, dinner, bed time, everywhere.

They are best friends.

xoxo,
Linda

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...