Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The {perfect} blend

Dear Boots,
It's been a while since I have had the time to sit down and actually write you a note. Sure, I post here on the regular about us, but seldom do I write to you.

You, my love, are definitely a halfsy. You are an incredible and unique blend of your father and I... so much so that at one glance, I see your father; at another glance, I see myself. 

You giggle at even slightest bit of something funny but maintain a laid back attitude. 

You love shoes, handbags in your elbow and pretty bracelets.  But you aren't afraid to climb that monster truck.

As of today, you are bald like your Daddy.  You have the same nose as me. (You can thank your great-grandma for that one.) You are stubborn like the both of us.

This tit for tat could keep going...but you get the point.

I can not begin to tell you how much happiness you bring into my life - just like your dad does. My life would not be compete without the two of you, that I am sure.

As you get older, you may lose sight of which parent gave you which traits in your life.  Some things will remain glaringly one or the other. Like how I will never escape the fact that I look just like your NeeNee. But I like to think that as a child, God hand-selected your personality traits. And he makes sure that you get the best pieces of both parents and that is what helps you become the best person you can be. You mold into your own person and you begin to develop traits that someday will be passed down to your own children.

So... regardless of where life takes you, always remember, that you carry pieces of your father and I with you...always.




Love you forever, 
Momma

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...