Monday, February 13, 2012

Lainey's new favorite book

Such a vain child I have.  Her new favorite book is a book that is solely about her. Yes, a book that I wrote for her - about her.  It's her 2011 book! It came in the mail last a few weeks ago and we have read probably 100 times since I tore open the box. It's from blurb.com and I highly recommend them! I even paid the extra $3 to have it as an ebook for the iPad.  Now Lainey can read her book in the car when she's bigger!

I got pretty into it and channeled my inner Dr. Seuss.  It reads like a children's book and walks us through from the planning for baby, having said baby, and watching little miss grow into a soon-to-be toddler. She giggles at the words and grabs at the pictures. I know she has no idea what I am reading to her yet, but I like to think she knows it's all about her.

I made sure to include the lyrics to the "Lainey Song" that Phil's mom sings to her all day every day. She makes up the lyrics for each member of our family. I admit, I have caught myself dancing around the room with Lainey while we sing it too.  For some reason though, I never remember the tune or some of the lyrics so we just wing it.


Welcome to {the nuthouse}
2011

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...