Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A love song

This morning on my way into work, I heard a love song on the radio.  Now, I will admit...I sometimes wish I was sappier, a little more romantic if you will. I have my moments, sure, but all in all, 
we are a sap-free home.  

Unless it's about Lainey - then sappy tends to ooze out of my pores 
because I can't think about that little girl and not smile.

Now... this morning was not an unusual drive to work - 
no traffic
no crazy drivers
no rain.
Just a regular drive into the city.

Except for this love song.
I don't even know the name of it.
I barely remember the words.

But

It gave me goosebumps.
I stopped for a second and thought about my life.
Especially the love in my life.

I realized....
If a love song can make me think of my husband
and
give me goosebumps...

Then we must be doing something right.

Oh, how I pray you get to feel this love someday, Lainey.
It's amazing.


love, 
Linda

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...