Friday, August 12, 2011

Things Momma is looking forward to...

I have been spending my afternoons napping with Lainey on my chest.  Watching her breathe, talking to her when she wiggles, but most of all, I lay there thinking about all of the things we have to look forward to as a new family.  Not that I am wishing away time, because I know these naps, snores, smiles, and even cries are precious; but really... how can I not look forward to more fun adventures!

As a new mom, here are some things I am looking forward to (in no particular order):
  • Fitting into newborn clothes
  • Finding Lainey's style
  • Halloween
  • Christmas (yes, I know... Lainey will not know what is going on, but I will!)
  • Family vacation at the beach next year
  • Her first birthday party
  • Hair bows
  • Finger painting
  • School supply shopping
  • Making baby food
  • Baby giggles
  • Photo shoots
But most of all, I am looking forward to my new life as a momma.  Raising Lainey will be my greatest accomplishment and I am looking forward to every minute, every milestone and every memory. 

1 comment:

Elizabeth Howard said...

This is such a sweet post Linda! More mommies should take time to relish looking forward to these precious things. So nice to meet your beautiful new daughter today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...