Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A little behind

Sorry, I am a little behind in my postings... this is my last week of maternity leave and I am trying to enjoy every minute of it!  Not to mention, I am trying to cram all of the things I thought I would get done in the last few weeks into this one!  Oh how I wish I could just be a stay at home momma with baby girl.  But le sigh...momma's gotta pay the bills!
On the news front
Lainey is starting to sleep for longer stretches of time.  Thank you, Baby Jesus!! So far, her maximum has been 5 hours, but the average is closer to 4 these days.  When I weighed her last week, she was 7 pounds-ish.  I say "ish" because I am not sure how accurate me standing on the scale with her and then without her really is; but it gives us a general idea!
As far as sleeping is concerned... 
when she's out - she's out! She even slept through yesterday's earthquake!  Yes, you read that right... earthquake! A 5.8 Magnitude rocked through Virginia and then shook the rest of the East Coast.  I must admit, I didn't know what it was at first.  I thought it was the washing machine being way off-balance. (I had it full of blankets, so it seemed logical.)  Next thing I know, Philip is coming through the front door saying, "Did you feel the earthquake? You ok?? Tim says it was an earthquake!"
Earthquake? What earthquake??
ps.
Yesterday we had the pleasure of working with my friend Blair to have Lainey's newborn photos taken... so be on the look out for a post of *gorgeous* portraits! There's a sneak peak on facebook and I couldn't be happier!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...