Friday, July 29, 2011

a whole week at home?!

Lainey,
As I sit here watching you look up at the shapes on your bouncy seat and have a Baby Einstein station added to my Pandora line up, it's hard to believe you have only been in this house for a week.  Because you have been gracing the world with your presence for nearly 6 weeks and God knows that you have been in my heart for even longer. 

I love to catch a glimpse of your smile when I talk to you, and I love to sit and try to guess what you are thinking.  Right now you are grinning in your sleep...what are you doing in that dream? Buying something fancy and expensive?  Running around outside? Pretending to be the princess of a castle? The faces you make are comical, to say the least.  I hate to admit it, but I have even caught myself having entire conversations with you, even though you are obviously not going to respond to anything I ask you.  Perhaps I am crazy? Meh... probably not.  I love to lay with you on my chest and watch you sleep so peacefully. Watching your belly rise and fall with your breaths is a calming moment for me.

My favorite time of the day is the time I spend with you - trying to figure you out. You are just as complicated and stubborn as I am, that much I have learned in our short time hanging out at home.  

I have been watching you grow since day one and it's absolutely amazing to me to see how you have changed and how much you change on a daily basis.  I am waiting to see what color eyes you will have.  Today they look gray, yesterday they looked blue-ish.  I know the shape of them is definitely your daddy's (no Asian eyes for you, my dear) but I am hoping you get his pretty blue color too.

Your NICU nurses have all become our facebook friends and they "stalk" you out as much as possible. I honestly do not know where you would be today without them. They have made you healthier than I could ever imagine and I don't know if they love all of their patients like they love you, but baby girl, they sure as hell do love you. They got you this far, now daddy and I have to get you the rest of the way.



Love,
Momma

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...